GRand Unified Bootloader, version 2 (PC/BIOS modules)
GRUB is a portable, powerful bootloader. This version of GRUB is based on a
- Scripting in grub.cfg using BASH-like syntax.
- Support for modern partition maps such as GPT.
- Modular generation of grub.cfg via update-grub. Packages providing GRUB
add-ons can plug in their own script rules and trigger updates by invoking
- VESA-based graphical mode with background image support and complete 24-bit
- Support for extended charsets. Users can write UTF-8 text to their menu
This package contains GRUB modules that have been built for use with the
traditional PC/BIOS architecture. It can be installed in parallel with
other flavours, but will not automatically install GRUB as the active boot
loader nor automatically update grub.cfg on upgrade unless grub-pc is also